Re: NEC-LIST: cross field antennas

From: paul moody <paulmoody_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 15:07:16 +1100

Kok,

        I think I need a 50 unbalanced to 377 balanced transformer. It
seems that whilst the source impedance can vary eg 55 or 45 is fine
the output impedance must be very close to 377 ohms eg +/- 0.5 ohms
over wide bandwidths.

The antenna seems to radiate and receive similiarly to a quarter wave
vertical. However I want to get my matching right as described above
before I can be sure.

There seems to be a certain amount of hysteria in some of the
documentation regarding the CFA however I have a genuine scientific
curiosity regarding the behaviour of the antenna.

regards.