RE: NEC-LIST: cross field antennas

From: Dr. Ing. Alberto Fassio <afassio_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 16:56:50 +0100

Dear Sirs,

I visit CFA site in Tanta, Egypt last year in order to verify the
goodness of the antenna. What I saw and I measured was a good field in
some measuring points far from site (more or less 40 km). I agree that
this is not a proof of performance but that is what I could measure
due to a lack of time (my visit was very short!!). I decided to do an
experiment and buy a CFA from Mr. Kabbary to test in Italy. Now we are
very close to the begiginning to the installation (we had some
problems to have the permission from civil local authorities). I will
very glad to inform all who will need informations after our tests on
field.

Ben Dawson, who was in Egypt, explained me his concerns after the
visit in Egypt on the efficiency of the antenna. That will be one of
the first measurements we will do in Sanremo Italy.

Best regards to all

Dr. Ing. Alberto FASSIO

RAI RADIO TELEVISIONE ITALIANA

DIVISIONE TRASMISSIONE E DIFFUSIONE
Ingegneria delle Reti di Diffusione
Dipartimento OL OM OC

Via Cernaia 33 10121 TORINO

Tel: +39 011 810 2348
Fax: +39 011 5759 610
Cell: +39 348 2261072

Mail: <mailto::fassio_at_rai.it> mailto::fassio_at_rai.it