Re: NEC-LIST: cross field antenna

From: <Fractenna_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 08:25:16 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 2/23/99 4:26:59 AM Eastern Standard Time, ccc_at_space.mit.edu
writes:

<< When I saw it I checked my computer's calendar to see whether I'd
been asleep for a few weeks and the date was April 1st. I feel like
it must be. The structure depicted in Paul's drawing is just a (very)
short, capacitively end-loaded, dipole. No way or means is provided
to alter the phase relation between the current in the wire and the
charge on the end plates. (I'd call the end plate a "top hat" if this
were a monopole fed against ground; perhaps I should call the end
plates top and bottom hats.) Unless I missed something or something
was missing in Paul's drawing, you don't need NEC-4 to understand this
antenna. >>

Hi Chuck!

Isn't there an 'electric generator' that then phases with a 'magnetic
generator'?(grin)

73
Chip N1IR