Re: NEC-LIST: cross field antenna

From: <Fractenna_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 08:04:29 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 2/25/99 7:34:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
paulmoody_at_onaustralia.com.au writes:

<<
 This is my personal opinion and of course the arguments you put
 forward are very compelling. I am unsure exactly how the antenna
 works .... it should not .

 --Paul.

Paul, no insult intended; the point is the antenna cannot work at high
field strength and doesn't. There must be other considerations
involved beyond mere peak field strength from the CFA as a radiator.

I have heard similar ham experience with a 160M isotron. A K2 told me
how he has this antenna mounted at 500 feet, on top of an apartment
building in NYC and has a booming signal, especially for DX. I
pointed out to him that at that height he's getting a low angle of
radiation, which is compensating for the poor absolute field strength.

73
Chip N1IR