NEC-LIST: Patent on CFA

From: Clifford Kraft <chkraft_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 09:28:55 -0500

Caution folks - just because somebody got a patent on something does
not really mean it works (in the real world). [[ Of course a patent on
something that really doesn't work is not valid ]].

I can patent anything I can convince the patent examiner is useful and
that he or she cannot find prior art references to that destroy
novelty or make the invention obvious to one skilled in the art. I DO
NOT ACTUALLY HAVE TO BUILD IT or get it to work to get the patent.
[[If the examiner is convinced it can't work, I will not get the
patent unless I can prove it does ]]

Most of the time, the examiners are not experts (certainly not in
antenna theory and electromagnetics). If I make a good enough
argument about the invention, I can get the patent. There are no
external referees during the process, and the process is confidential
[[ it is possible to challenge it later ]].

I don't know if CFA works or not (probably not), but a patent on it
does not mean much in proving that it works.

Clifford Kraft
Registered Patent Attorney