Re: NEC-LIST: Caps and Rabbers vs Cans and Canadians?

From: George Hagn <hagn_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 15:37:49 -0400

Dave:

I have not seen all the papers you referenced, but I did look in K.
Fujimoto, et al., "Small Antennas," p. 9, 1987, and they describe the
can (not cap) as I recall Harold describing it years ago. I have not
looked at the radiansphere paper of his in a long time.

I don't think that the catch as catch can/cap approach will work for
measurements of the MF CFA, but the measurements I suggested will get
not only the E field vs distance, which can be compared with a local
noise level to get at the useful area serviced per kWhour of input
power, but it can provide one of the pieces of data (ERP) needed to
start to estimate the efficiency of the antenna/matching circuit for
the CFA. I hope that such measurements might be done in Italy within
the year.

All for now.

George