RE: NEC-LIST: DF Antenna for 121.5 MHz EPIRB

From: Bill Cox <bcox_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 08:32:23 -0400

  Here's another chance to plug ACR Electronics, www.acrelectronics.com.
The 406 MHz Signal is used by the Cospas-Sarsat Satellite SAR
system. The Freq. is used in ELT's, PLB's, and EPIRB's. We have GPS
capabilities in our PLB (Personal Locator Beacons) and EPIRB's. The
addition of GPS enables a faster response when the GEOS and LEO
satellite system pick up the distress alert. The GEOS system has no
Doppler capabilities at 406, but can receive the distress and forward
the alert to the LUT station and if GPS data was included in the
message the position will be known.
  The 121.5 and 243 is used primarily for Homing. The Vecta 2
Directional Finder is specifically designed to home in on these
signals in a SAR Event.

Bill Cox
Bcox_at_acrelectronics.com