Re: NEC-LIST: Modelling wide metallic surfaces

From: Andre Fourie <fourie_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 13:58:25 +0200

 Farhad Rachidi wrote:

> > Does anybody have some experience in using NEC to model finite, but
> > wide metallic surfaces ? The configuration we are interested to model
> > is a dipole above a metallic surface of about 5 m x 5 m, at a few GHz.
> > Thanks for your help.

Dave Michelson replied

> This sounds like a problem for NEC-BSC.

I have to use the opportunity to plug SuperNEC which will give better
results than NEC-BSC since it incorporates an impedance matrix
MoM-GTD/UTD hybrid, i.e., the antenna (dipole) impedance will be
modified by the plate (MoM interaction matrix includes all GTD/UTD
diffraction/reflection paths. With NEC-BSC the MoM currents are used
as sources to the GTD model without considering changes in the MoM
currents as result of interaction with the GTD objects. See

http://www.poynting.co.za/supnec/demo.htm

for details.

Regards
Andre Fourie
Tel: Intl + 27 11 4030380
Fax: Intl + 27 11 4030381
Website: http://www.poynting.co.za
email: fourie_at_poynting.co.za
Papermail: Dr APC Fourie, PO Box 318, Wits, 2050, South Africa