Re: NEC-LIST: CFA and the Hately advertisement

From: Jos R Bergervoet <bergervo_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 11:38:48 +0200

Duncan Baker wrote:

> I agree with Jack - the higher the tower for the CFA the better.
> Interesting that it should still need a tower though. Ah, a thought,

Although the CFA is clearly nonsense, I must disagree slightly with
your statement. If the tower is higher than necessary for the first
resonance (of the tower), the field strength of the total system in
the horizontal directions will go down.

Why? Well, the induced currents in the tower create the field (not the
CFA of course) and for a tower of many wavelengths height, these
currents will be radiating mainly upwards to the sky (the radiation
cone created by a sinusoidal current in a linear antenna.)

Greetings,
Jos

--
  Dr. Jozef R. Bergervoet                      Electromagnetism and EMC
  Philips Research Laboratories,             Eindhoven, The Netherlands