Re: NEC-LIST: CFA

From: John Belrose <john.belrose_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 17:16:55 -0400

>This was recently posted on rec.radio.amateur.antenna.
>
>Roy Lewallen
>
> ----------------

Thank you Roy. The one interesting feature of the CFA is its
impedance. The port impedances I calculate are of the order of 200
ohms resistive and capacitive reactive.

Brian Stewart keeps telling me that the impedances are readily
measured --- real impedances. But the impedances I calculate are real
--- impedance measurement alone does not tell us which direction power
is going.

Clearly these resistive components of the impedances are more
favourable to match, and better from a BW point of view, compared with
the small fractions of an ohm for the self impedances (resistive
component) of the disc and cylinder.

The problem is the large circulating powers --- and the poor radiation
efficiency.

73, Jack, VE2CV

John S. (Jack) Belrose, PhD Cantab, VE2CV
Senior Radioscientist
Radio Sciences Branch
Communications Research Centre
PO Box 11490 Stn. H