NEC-LIST: Antenna modeling consulting needed

From: Roy Lewallen <w7el_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 17:06:25 -0700

Dr. Ian Dilworth requires some antenna modeling help which I think can
be better done by someone other than me. The antenna is normally
buried with its top flush to the ground, and the inside of the antenna
structure includes air as well as conductors. There is also an air
space around the antenna. Some approximations might be made with
NEC-4, but there's no way obvious to me to include the air inside or
around the antenna structure. He requires some optimization of various
parameters, so some sort of optimization would be helpful, or at least
parameterization of several dimensions or coordinates. He is looking
primarily for field patterns and input impedance. My time for doing
this is limited, and I'm well acquainted only with NEC tools, so I
hope that someone else, perhaps with a more suitable computing code,
might better help him. Please contact him directly at
radiowave_at_btinternet.com. This is a consulting job for a commercial
product, and needs to be started as quickly as possible.

Roy Lewallen