Re: NEC-LIST: Microwave Design Software for Classroom Use

From: moumoug <moumoug_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 06:48:16 +0100

I use Puff 2.1 from caltech.

http://www.systems.caltech.edu/

-60 page Manual and 3.5" diskette with Puff 2.1 & Source Code -
$10 (inside the U.S.); $15 (outside the U.S.)

Puff is not copy protected but I always ask people to buy it because
10 or 15 USD is just the price of the manual, and you really need the
manual to begin with !

To be on the safe side I also ordered one copy of:

Lecture notes for Microwave Circuits Class at Caltech (EE153).
-Includes many design examples using PUFF 2.1 -
$10 (inside the U.S.) $15 (outside the U.S.)

Puff is IMHO the microwave software. It will handle easily any active
component (you just enter a scattering parameters file), coupled
lines, lumped circuits, imaginary non existing components for teaching
purposes, etc...

It is really fun to play with, from DC up to tens of GHz, and
you end up with the artwork for etching the printed circuit !

There is a Motorola freeware, Mimp.exe, Motorola's Impedance
Matching Program, but it is a specialized form of CAD
specifically developed for RF power amplifier circuit design.

Feel free to e-mail me if you need more info on Puff.

73

Gilbert Mouget. F6BOM