Re: NEC-LIST: Patch antenna software?

From: Tim Foo <fwj_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 09:47:13 +0800

I suppose you are looking for a frequency domain solution with a
Method of Moment (MoM) technique? I have been using CONCEPT (it was
written by tu-harburg) , works on a LINUX platform on a PC. Mind the
instruction manual, you will have to read between the lines (English
words written with a German flavour! :-) ). You will have a whale od
a time reconciling your measurements and simulation results. It can
be highly dependent on your meshing all those quadrilaterals. See the
page on "Microstrip patch antenna on finite dielectric grounded slab".
Mind you get the (1) most SRAM, (2) fastest SCSI HDD and the (3)
fastest CPU money can buy before you begins. Some of my simulations
runs into the weeks.

The CONCEPT, code I suppose can be delivered ready to run, say one set
each for 16, 64, 256 and 1024 MB systems? This is cause by the lack
of a feature to do with dynamic memory allocation, possibily by
isolated portions of legacy fortran codes.

Since this is a NEC forum, I must add NEC 4. If you can get hold of NEC 4
(subjected to export regulations), it may be able to work on the half space
between the air-dielectric medium. Because it is still controlled by
export regulations I have not use it to verify this.

Hope this helps.

Tim Foo

MoM
http://www.sethcorp.com/technical/mofm.html
CONCEPT II (TU-Harburg, Germany)
http://www.tu-harburg.de/~tegb/descript.html
meshing
Microstrip patch antenna on finite dielectric grounded slab.
 http://www.tu-harburg.de/~tegb/micpatch.jpg
NEC 4
http://www.nittany-scientific.com/gnec/index.htm