NEC-LIST: NEC2 versus NEC4

From: Forrest Gehrke <fegehrke_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 08:56:03 +0000

John Belrose wrote:

> I do not know what differences you have observed, and, I know nothing
> about NEC4WIN95. This may be a good program, but I consider that it
> has a misleading name --- since NEC4 could lead one to believe that it
> was a NEC4 program, rather than "NEC for WINOWS 95". I use EZNEC PRO.

Jack,

When I first saw the subject of your NEC-LIST I thought your post
would be a comparison of NEC2 and NEC4. I would much appreciate such
a comparison. I know NEC4 to be an expensive version of the NEC
series and that it is supposed to have much better modelling of ground
based antennas, but know little beyond that bit of information .

If you have compared modelling between the two versions and compared
NEC4 to actual measurements of real ground based antennas I would
appreciate your evaluation as I am sure others also would.

//

Forrest k2bt