NEC-LIST: High Dielectric Constant Materials

From: Max J. Schmitt <mjschmit_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 12:59:44 -0500

Hi Glynda,

You are searching for a material with dielectric constant of 20. This
is a permittivity that lies between the low epsilon plastics and the
much higher epsilon of dielectric ceramics, typically from 100 to
10,000 !

One good source of finding dielectric materials ( you have to look
under " ceramics " is Thomas Register : www.thomasregister.com , where
you can find many different material suppliers.

My suggestion is to contact Cuming Corporation 1-800-432-6464, and ask
for catalog on dielectrics. They produce dielectric plates ( 1/8 to
1/2 inch thick, and dielectric rods, up to 1 inch diameter. These are
ceramic dielectrics with diel. constants, called K - material, from 10
to 35. These materials can be machined to a certain degree.

Unfortunately, there are no plastic materials, I know of, with diel.
const. of 20.

good luck,

Max Schmitt