Re: NEC-LIST: NEC interface to MATLAB?

From: Andre Fourie <fourie_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 17:20:13 +0200

Hi Marcelo,

SuperNEC uses matlab for its input and output interface. The SuperNEC
interface can read NEC2 output files and can generate NEC2 input files
(assuming the user does not specify UTD objects in matlab structure
editor - since SuperNEC is MoM/UTD hybrid and and NEC2 only supports
MoM wires). See

http://www.poynting.co.za/emsoft/supnec/intro.htm

for more info. Both input and output interface is primarily written in
m-language and the user can use seperate portions and/or edit parts.

We have m file "assemblies" which create wire models of more
complicated structures (lpda's, yagi's, plates - see webpage). These
can extended and is perhaps one well defined area where we can
cooperate if you would be interested.

Regards
Andre Fourie

> From: "Marcelo Lipas Augusto" <lipas_at_lcs.poli.usp.br>
> To: <nec-list_at_ee.ubc.ca>
> Subject: NEC-LIST: NEC interface to MATLAB?
> Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 02:15:12 -0300

> Hi all!
>
> I've been working on a NEC interface to MATLAB for sometime. It
> basically gets an input geometry file, adds some analysis, runs NEC,
> end puts all results on the workplace. Is there any one working on
> something like that?? I guess it would be great to share our efforts
> and make something really neat...

Tel: Intl + 27 11 4030380
Fax: Intl + 27 11 4030381
Website: http://www.poynting.co.za
email: fourie_at_poynting.co.za
Papermail: Dr APC Fourie, PO Box 318, Wits, 2050, South Africa