NEC-LIST: Antenna Gain

From: Dreher, Achim <Achim.Dreher_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 10:05:38 +0100

Hi all,

I agree with Doug Miron that antenna gain should mimic as closely as
possible the definition gain for other system elements.

>From two-port theory and measurements we know the term "maximum
available gain (MAG)" which applies for conjugate complex matching of
input and output.

It can be obtained by S-parameter measurements taking into account
mismatching by simple error correction and de-embedding algorithms for
each frequency. It is an independent typical device parameter often
given in the data sheets of e.g. rf-transistors demonstrating what
can be achieved under optimum conditions.

This MAG should be equivalent to the antenna gain definition and
strictily distinguished from any realized gain in a specific system
environment.

Achim Dreher

Dr.-Ing. Achim Dreher Tel.: +49-8153-28-2314
Deutsches Zentrum fuer Fax: +49-8153-28-1135
Luft- und Raumfahrt e. V. E-Mail: achim.dreher_at_dlr.de
Oberpfaffenhofen

D-82234 Wessling

GERMANY