Re: NEC-LIST: DECT Coverage in Metal Tunnel

From: D.Robinson,DGMEPM DMMS 8-3-4,819-994-8487,0600 <mail172d_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 13:50:30 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings Colleague:

Without direct experience or in-depth analysis of the situation you
describe, an "intuitive" thought occurs to me. Have you tried skewing
your base-antenna such that the "cavity" is illuminated "spirally"
instead of parallel to its long axis and orthogonal to the ends?
Perhaps this will achieve more even illumination and less pronounced
spatial standing waves. Also, is the gain of a Yagi justified, or
might a simple dipole be more appropriate?

FWIW;
DaveR