Re: NEC-LIST: DECT Coverage in Metal Tunnel

From: Andre Fourie <fourie_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 15:43:44 +0200

We have had good success at modelling tunnels using the SuperNEC
hybrid GTD/MoM. We model the antennas using MoM and model the walls
using GTD lossy or lossless plates. As conductivity (and length of
tunnel) increases one need to take more reflections into account. In
general, diffraction can be neglected (only cnr diffraction in the
case of a square tunnel). See portion of a newletter at

http://www.poynting.co.za/newslet/newslet_march_2000/newslet_march_2000.htm#indoor_prop

for results in a tunnel (8m x 6m x 150m) and room (21m x 10m) versus
published values. Results were all at 1 GHz. The newsletter write-up
is very brief and a more detailed paper is due to appear in IEEE AP
Magazine (I believe in June issue). I cannot remember how many
successive reflections were used (this number can be chosen by the
user in SuperNEC), but it was quite a number (10 or more).

Regards
Andre Fourie.

Tel: Intl + 27 11 4030380
Fax: Intl + 27 11 4030381
Website: http://www.poynting.co.za
email: fourie_at_poynting.co.za
Papermail: Dr APC Fourie, PO Box 318, Wits, 2050, South Africa