Re: NEC-LIST: radiation from dipole

From: Hal Smith <halsmith_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 07:11:42 -0500

Dear Nec-List

Food for thought with regards to the source of radiation. A Physics
professor of mine (probably during my graduate E&M course at Roosevelt
in Chicago) once gave a class lecture in which he derived Maxwell's
Equations from Einstein's Special Relativity. The real physical
situation concerning electromagnetic radiation is MUCH more
complicated than the models we normally use. The true source of
radiation is apparently tied up with the concepts of Special
Relativity like time dilation, relativistic energy, and dimension
distortion.

Hal Smith
AM/FM Services Company
Edmond, OK