NEC-LIST: Phase of currents on wires part 2

From: Richeson, Peter D <Peter.Richeson_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 12:46:07 -0500

I have had a couple of responses so far. All indicate that they are
not clear what the configuration/question is. So per Tom Bruhns
comment here is a picture.

About the center there are 5 wires that connect. The one going down
and with a dot is the source wire. It starts at the junction and ends
at ground. It has a current of 16 mA at -87 deg. The wire going to
the left and slightly forward ends at this point and has a current of
2.27 mA at -86.7 deg. The one on the other side, going almost straight
right begins here and has 2.03 mA at 92 deg. The wire coming forward
and up begins here and has a current 0.586 mA at 92 deg. The last
wire, going back and up, ends here and has a current 0.586 at -87.
After saying all that, I decided to include my .nec file. I am open
to suggestions. This is, of course, just the body. I am still
working on the wings and tail.

What I am trying to do is be able to predict what the currents will be
a different points on the skin of the aircraft. We currently have
some test data where the aircraft is excited at the point I have in
the model.

Thanks all.

[Please see

http://www.comsoc.org/vancouver/747-1.bmp

http://www.comsoc.org/vancouver/747-1.nec

for copies of the attachments to this message. - DGM]

Peter D. Richeson/KA5COI
S/V Engineer
(405) 739-1879
peter.d.richeson_at_boeing.com

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite
direction. -- Albert Einstein