Re: NEC-LIST: Electrically "short" antennas ...

From: Doug McKean <dmckean_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 23:08:30 -0700

Thanks everyone.

I checked it again today.

There is indeed plenty of radiation coming from the coax.

I tried to suppress this with a large number of ferrites and didn't
achieve sufficient suppression.

Antenna was manipulated by me approx one meter off the metal floor of
a metal chamber (bare metal walls) with dimensions H = 8 feet, W = 15
feet, and L = 25 feet. Now I'm not all that familiar with the
resonances of such a chamber but 1/2 wavelength modes place the
highest mode at about 75 MHz.

The small antennas were attached to the end of 50 ohm coax cable. So,
I did not use any ground structure.

Regards, Doug