Re: NEC-LIST: Electrically "short" antennas ...

From: Jos R Bergervoet <Jos.Bergervoet_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 12:41:53 +0200

Doug McKean <dmckean_at_gte.net> wrote:

> Thanks everyone.
>
> I checked it again today.
>
> There is indeed plenty of radiation coming from the coax.
>
> I tried to suppress this with a large number of ferrites and didn't
> achieve sufficient suppression.

Since you mentioned PCB design earlier, I would like to point out that
PCBs also have cables attached, and the same radiation mechanism
occurs there.

This means that your experiments did not fail to measure the right
thing, but (as a model for realistic devices) they measured exactly
the right thing. (although I should add, that above some 300~MHz the
PCB itself often dominates).

Cheers,
Jos

--
  Dr. Jozef R. Bergervoet                      Electromagnetism and EMC
  Philips Research Laboratories,             Eindhoven, The Netherlands