NEC-LIST: Unusual modeling problem

From: Ed Troy <etroy_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 13:41:09 -0400

I am looking to perform a strange simulation. I need to model the
propagation from one underground room to another through a hollow
plastic pipe in the dirt. Does anyone know of a program that will
model such a situation? I don't believe NEC will, but I could be
wrong. Maybe it will if I have the correct version? It is very similar
to a waveguide problem, but the walls of the waveguide consist of
plastic and dirt, rather than metal. Also, does anyone know a
reference for the electrical characteristics of dirt, such as
dielectric constant, permeability, permittivity, etc?

Ed