Re: NEC-LIST: Loaded Monopole Antenna

From: Chuck Counselman <ccc_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 19:21:50 -0400

At 10:46 AM -0400 2000/5/31, N. Vardalahos wrote:

> 1) How can I set a load on a monopole antenna at a specific distance
> from the base. for example I would like to set a load at 7.68 cm
> from the base, how can I do that? Using the LD card I cannot specify
> the specific distance.

Just choose your segment lengths so that the center of a segment is
(in your example) at 7.68 cm, and put the load in that segment.

> 2) How can I include the conductor resistance of the antenna? How
> can I specify the material of the conductor in order to measure the
> total resistance? Is there any card that I can use in order to
> specify the conductor material (e.g. silver, copper, aluminium,etc.)

Read the instructions for the LD command. You can specify
"distributed" loading, with specified wire conductivity, e.g. 5.7E7
S/m.

> 3) Can you tell me how can I measure the current at each segment of
> the antenna using NEC-2? I manage to take the graph but I would like
> to have the specific value of current (in Amperes) at each segment.

NEC normally prints the complex current in each segment.

-Chuch W1HIS