Re: NEC-LIST: handheld radiation detector

From: Prof Duncan Baker <dbaker_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:20:31 +0200

Hi Stanley.

Not really enough info to copy all the folks on NEC-LIST so my
apologies if this is not of much interest in general.

This sounds like an EMI/EMC type problem. I don't know if Don White
Associates still publishes the EMC Technology Magazine, but you could
try that as a first attempt for advertisements. Many years back I
recall seeing a hand held monitor for Radiation Hazard applications
advertised.

One of the references I have is to Narda Microwave, 10 MHz to 26 GHz,
with possible extension to 40 GHz.

Another is to an ANSI Conformal Probe (Microwave Journal, April, 1983
p. 87)

Hope this rather skimpy input is of use to you. No doubt our friends
and colleagues in NEC-LIST will respond with their customary
generosity.

Best regards,
Duncan.

Stanley Lim wrote:

> I would like to know where can I buy myself a handheld radiation
> detector for 800 to 2500 MHz frequencies range.
>
> Thank you for your attention and information is very much appreciated.

Prof. Duncan C. Baker (Pr. Eng., FIEEE, FSAIEE, Sci. Nat.)
Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Eng.,
University of Pretoria, 0002 Pretoria, SOUTH AFRICA.
 Editor, IEEE Region 8 News.
Region 8 Homepage - http://www.ewh.ieee.org/reg/8/  or
   http://www.ieee.org/regional/r8/
PHONE +27 12 420 2775 (OFFICE),  +27 12 361 7480 (HOME)
FAX   +27 12 362 5000 (OFFICE),  +27 12 348 5314 (HOME)
E-MAIL: University: dbaker_at_postino.up.ac.za
        IEEE alias address: duncan.baker_at_ieee.org
 Private server address:  apc_at_acenet.co.za
LOCAL STANDARD TIME = UT+2 HOURS