Re: NEC-LIST: Phased Array Antenna

From: quang nguyen <quang_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 21:31:57 +1000

Good day,

I did some array modeling before but used current sources. Notice that
most of the phased array used current sources rather than voltage
sources. Therefore, you must generate current source for EACH dipole
(Jim Breaker shows me this current source stuff). This is quite simple
by using the NT card setting y11= y22 = 0 + j0 and y12 = 0 +j1. You
also need a short dummy segment to put the source (Put this segment
very far from your antenna) eg

GW 100 1 999 999 999 999 999 999.001 .0001
NT 100 1 TAG_OF_WIRE SEGMENT_OF_WIRE 0 0 0 1 0
EX 0 100 1 0 REAL_PART_OF_CURRENT IMAGINARY_PART_OF_CURRENT

Now phasing is just a matter of changing the real and imaginary part
of the current for EACH dipole. This works perfectly well. I did some
comparison of my result using this method with those produce by ELNEC
_ perfectly agrees each other.

I hope this will help

Quang