Re: NEC-LIST: Passive component values

From: Steve Inge <sringe_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 03:25:56 -0700 (PDT)

David de Haaij wrote:

> I'm busy building a matching circuit for an antennas, and I came up
> with an answer that consisted of a parallel resonant LC circuit. I
> computed the values, but right now I'm having trouble implementing the
> values in microstrip lines. Can anyone tell me how to implement very
> small L and C values, or perhaps give me some reference.
>
> Thank you
> David

Hi to NEC-LIST readers,

One technique to convert from lumped components to distributed
components is known as "commensurate lines". This means that each
component is modelled from transmission lines, all of equal length,
but of variuos characteristic impedances. The relationship between
frequency in each domain is "Richards Transformation".

My best reference is :

"Modern Filter Theory and Design", Editors Temes and Mitra, Wiley
1973. Chapter 7 by EG Cristal, Hewlett Packard.

If you can't track this down, I can send you the references from the
chapter. (FAX ?)

--
Steve Inge, ZL2BDV, Engineering Analyst, Broadcast Communications Ltd.