Re: NEC-LIST: Help with GNEC error message.

From: Gerald Burke <burke2_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 09:31:14 -0700

Hi,

The storage is not quite as bad as Tim Foo indicated. Since it is a
wire moment method code there is only one complex number for each
segment-to-segment interaction. Hence the matrix size is 5826^2 times
16 bytes for complex double precision, or 543 MB plus 2 or 3 MB for
other storage.

I have heard of this error message before, and can only guess that it
ran out of disk space or contiguous disk space. A code error seems
unlikely, since it had been writing for a long time. I have never
tried running a problem this big and am not up on the intricacies of
Windows. I think the Nittany Scientific people have tried pushing the
limits of problem size to this range.

Jerry Burke
LLNL