Re: NEC-LIST: loop antenna

From: D. B. Miron <dbmiron_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 20:46:36 -0500

Good day Pascale,

    There is a sign error in the y value of the second vertex, it
should be -0.35.... NEC only allows potential difference excitations
within segments, so an approach which uses a small segment in series
with longer segments is a way to approximately force a potential
difference between these segments. I am told that it is more accurate
to have the excitation in the middle of three equal-sized segments, so
you might try that.

    If you are going to do a lot of trials with different numbers of
segments and different feedpoint arrangements, I strongly recommend
that you write a wire-list generating program in your favorite
language. This program should either ask for inputs such as the loop
radius, wire radius, frequency, no. of segments, and so on, or read
these from an ASCII input file which you can edit to make whatever
changes you want from one run to the next. Once y0u have the program
debugged, and check the wire list geometry in a NEC input viewer, it
will save you a great deal of labor and always generate a correct
description.

Doug Miron