NEC-LIST: loop antenna using the GA and GR cards

From: Pascale Lutz <lutz_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 11:14:01 +0200

I'm modelling an horizontal loop antenna using the GA and GR
cards. The loop is a circle, the radius is of 0.5m. Here is the input
file :

CE loop
GA 1 180 0.5 0 180 0.01
GM 0 0 90 0 0 0 0 0 0
GR 1 2
GE
FR 0 1 0 0 20 1.
EK
EX 0 1 1 0 1.
PQ
NE 0 1 100 100 0. -50. -50. 0. 1 1
NE 0 100 1 100 -50. 0 -50. 1 0 1
NE 0 100 100 1 -50. -50. 0 1 1 0
XQ
EN

First a vertical wire arc of 180° is created using the GA card,
then a rotation about the X-axis of 90° is done using the GM
card. Finally the second half of the circle is made using the GR card.

I've verified that the geometry of the loop is correct, but I wonder
if the ends of each 180° arc are well connected electrically. Is
the final structure an entire circle excited at the first segment or
two half circles, with only one excited at its first segment?

Any suggestion will be of great use.
Thanks for the attention.

Best regards.
--------
| Pascale LUTZ | e-mail : pascale.lutz_at_univ-pau.fr |
| Laboratoire d'Imagerie Geophysique | |
| Universite de Pau | Tel: 33 (0)5 59 92 31 74 |
| et des Pays de l'Adour | Fax: 33 (0)5 59 92 31 86 |
| Avenue de l'Universite | |
| 64000 Pau | |
| France | |