Re: NEC-LIST: Modeling copper strip helical antenna

From: Juergen v.Hagen <vonhagen_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 12:28:06 +0100

Chuang Keng Hua wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to model a copper strip helical antenna? Can I
> model the copper trip antenna same as wire helical antenna?

wrt wires and strips, see also

Einarsson "The Wire" in Electromagnetic and Acoustic Scattering by
Simple Shapes, Bowman, Senior, Uslenghi (eds), Amsterdam:
North-Holland Publishing Comp. 1969.

They give for radius r of a wire equivalent to a strip of width w

r = 0.25 w

I think the above is only valid for scattering but I personally had
very good results with this formula also for currents and impedances.

cheers
juergen

--
Institut fuer Hoechstfrequenztechnik und Elektronik - Uni Karlsruhe
Tel +49 721 608 76 76 - Fax +49 721 69 18 65