Re: NEC-LIST:helical ant. modeling

From: Cornel Gazdaru <cornel_gazdaru_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 17:07:27 -0400

Thank you George,

That is exactly what we are doing.
We started with the Kilgus paper and build some prototypes that worked very well.
Now we we plan to simplify the manufacturing aspect and look into a few variants,
i.e. feed from the bottom and not from the top and open arms instead of the
"closed loops". First results seem to suggest that it will work..
All our work so far was based on copper wires, we want to replace with printed
strip on a rolled tube. That is why I was looking at a way of modelling the strip.
The general consensus suggests that a wire diameter 1/4 of the strip width should
be a good approximation.

Cornel