Re: NEC-LIST:NEC 4.1 & g77

From: Jürgen v.Hagen <vonhagen_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 17:05:29 +0100

> Hello, all. I used the g77 compiler (p/o GCC-2.95) that comes with
> the Red Hat Linux 7.1 distribution CDs to compile NEC 4.1D. The g77
> compiler options were those used by Jergen Von Hagen in compiling NEC
> 2D (re ACES Newsletter Nov '98):
>
> g77 -O3 -fno-emulate-complex -funroll-loops NEC41D.f
>
> While the compile process issued a couple of warnings about same name
> for global and intrinsic and array size, the compile completed
> without error.

quite a few warnings are due to the A(1) and not A(*) notation
used in NEC. There should not be a problem with that.

> I find that when I run a simple halfwave horizontal dipole problem
> over an infinite but imperfect (Sommerfeld) ground, I obtain antenna

when I modified a couple of NEC 4 lines I asked the list for
benchmark problems to test modified sources with these. At
that time there were not benchmark problems posted or communicated
to me, so I only worked with the problems I had. These were
loaded and unloaded, with and without networks wire antennas
in free space or over perfect ground. I have not tested
imperfect grounds.

I do not have access to NEC 4 (you're not allowed to export to
non-US countries), so I can't help you with testing and looking
into these even though I would like to very much.

Can you send me the nec files when they are useable with NEC 2?

> I also tried a straight g77 compile (i.e. g77 NEC4D.f) but with no improvement.

so it seems that there is no problem with the optimization.

thanks
juergen

--
Institut fuer Hoechstfrequenztechnik und Elektronik - Uni Karlsruhe
Tel +49 721 608 76 76 - Fax +49 721 69 18 65