Re: NEC-LIST: Symbolic evaluation of integrals

From: Dave Michelson <dmichelson_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 20:59:54 -0800

Bibby wrote:

> I am attaching a pdf file that has the integral(s)
> in it.

Sorry. In order to protect subscribers from viruses, we don't allow
attachments to be sent via the list.

Here is an ASCII version of the attachment. FWIW, Maple V wasn't able
to evaluate the integrals.

The integral for which I am looking for an analytical solution is:

I_a = Int x^2 (exp(-jkr)/r) dx where r = sqrt(x^2 + c^2)

This can be recast into

I_b = Int sqrt(r^2 - c^2) exp(-jkr) dr

It would be interesting to see if the evaluation of each/either of the
above integrals is available in analytical form and if they are the
same!

Malcolm M Bibby,
bibby_at_ne.mediaone.net