Re: NEC-LIST:MSAs in NEC

From: Alan Robert Clark <clark_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 09:23:36 +0200 (SAST)

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Wayne Shanks wrote:

> I have been toying with the idea of modeling a dielectric object with a mesh
> of wires with imaginary conductance.
>
> I figure that the conductance needed to model a particular dielectric constant
> and loss factor will depend on the meshing density and the frequency of
> operation but it seems like it should work
>

> About the only thing that might keep you from this technique would be the
> computational expense (lots of segments for the dielectric volume)
>

> Any comments on this idea?... or maybe a reference

We have certainly done this for resistive modelling, and have theorised
that it works for dielectrics, but have not actually tried that! Be
interested to see how it works for you.

AR Clark, APC Fourie, and J Dresel.
 Modelling lossy surfaces using a wire Method-of-Moments code.
 IEE Proceedings-Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation,
 147(3):247-248, June 2000.

Alan

--
Alan Robert Clark, Pr Eng     Computational Electromagnetics
Dept Elec Eng                         Wits University