RE: NEC-LIST:(PL card)

From: Huffman, Julie <julie.huffman_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 09:49:30 -0600

The PL command sets flags for writing a predesignated file for plotting.

The Card has the following inputs:

PL I1 I2 I3 I4 F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6

where

I1 = data type to be written into auxilliary file
  = 0 no action
  = 1 Currents
  = 2 Near fields
  = 3 Patterns
  = 4 Impedance, SWR
  = 5 Admittance, SWR

The remaining integers depend on the data type:

a. I1= 1 (Currents)

  I2 = Wire current component format options
     = 0 no action
     = 1 Real and Imaginary
     = 2 Magnitude and Phase

  I3 = Surface patch current component options (all measured in magnitude
and phase)
     = 0 no action
     = 1 Ix
     = 2 Iy
     = 3 Iz
     = 4 Ix,Iy,Iz

b. I1= 2 (Near Fields)

  I2 = Near field components format options
     = 0 no action
     = 1 Real and Imaginary
     = 2 Magnitude and phase

  I3 = Near field components options
     = 0 no action
     = 1 X component
     = 2 Y component
     = 3 Z component
     = 4 X,Y,Z component
     = 5 Total Field (magnitude only)

  I4 = Coordinate to be stored
     = 1 X-coordinate
     = 2 Y-coordinate
     = 3 Z-coordinate

c. I1= 3 (Far Field Patterns)

  I2 = Angles to be written into auxilliary file
     = 1 Theta (or Z for RP1)
     = 2 Phi
     = 3 Rho (for RP1)

  I3= Electric Field component (Field components in magnitude and phase)
    = 0 no action
    = 1 Etheta
    = 2 Ephi
    = 3 Erho (for RP1)

  I4 = Power pattern component options
     = 0 no action
     = 1 Vertical gain(dB)
     = 2 Horizontal gain (dB)
     = 3 Total gain (dB)
     = 4 Vertical, Horizontal & Total Gain (dB)

The PL card may be placed anywhere between the GE and XQ commands
A PL card with I1= 0 will suspend any previous PL specs
All the data requested is written out to a file named FOR008.DAT

Hope this helps.

Julie Huffman, Ph.D.
Antenna Engineer
Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company