Re: NEC-LIST:old question on non-physical output

From: D. B. Miron <dbmiron_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 08:34:51 -0500

Good day,

I am intrigued by thecomment that nec2d sometimes misinterprets the units.
I have never seen this with nec2d, but I have seen it happen that another
program correctly used the GS command with the wire ends, but failed to do
so with the wire radii. In my wire-list-generating programs, I limit the
precision to 5 figures. For small antennas on small boxes in the mid-UHF
range, I generate the dimensions in millimeters and use the GS command to
convert to meters. I started doing this mainly to make the wire lists
easier to read. I've never had a scale problem with either EZNEC-M (nec2s)
or nec2d.

Doug Miron