NEC-LIST:Nittany Scientific Programs

From: Steven Best <sbest_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 15:00:43 -0400

I'm certain that this is already well known but here goes:

I tried to use Nittany Scientifics' NEC-Win Synth program to generate a
square grid of wires - 8 wires by 8 wires connected at each intersection
point. I would expect the model of this structure to contain 112 wires,
1 or more segment(s) each, to ensure connectivity at all of the wire
intersections.

Synth created a NEC input file with 16 wires, each divided into 7
segments. The Synth model has the correct number of segments (112 in
this case), however the intersecting segments have no fixed wire (GW)
connections. I presume this to be a problem with a native (DOS) version
of NEC or EZNEC, which reports that all but the four wires around the
edge of the grid are open ended.

When I load the model into Nittany's GNEC program, it appears to me that
its geometry reader recognizes intersecting segments and creates the
appropriate "wire connections". Does anyone know if this is the case or
has had similar experience? If so, I presume that Synth is written so
that you need a Nittany NEC interface for it to be of any value.

Steve Best