NEC-LIST:circular waveguide modeling

From: Mike Spenard <mikes_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 23:23:40 -0400

Hi,
 Im a bit of a newbie to NEC. Im tring to model a circular waveguide
driven with a 1/4 wave monopole. Im getting the expected plot, but the
main lobe is off center by 45deg or so in the vertical plane. It has
downtilt.
This is not what i desire. I see that it is caused by the monopole not being
in the center of the waveguide, it is mounted to the side since it it will be
physically placed there with a connector.
So my question is, is this pattern with the downtilt accurate of what the
real
radiation pattern will be? I ask this because i have seen lots of circular
wave
guides fasioned this way, 1/4wave comming out of the side.
 If it is accurate, what should i do to correct the problem?

Below is a link to my .nec model. Im not using surface patches as there is
not
alot of modeling software that i know of that supports them.

Thanks,
  Mike Spenard

http://207.22.18.52/test.nec