NEC-LIST:WireGrid ?

From: Gronum Smith <agsmith_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 07:38:24 GMT

[Firstly we do not support the use of this nec-list for ANY commercial
pushing of our products!]

Before there is confusion regarding WireGrid I would like to make it
clear:

WireGrid was originally developed for our own internal use. We then
decided to sell it for a nominal fee, mainly covering printed manual,
postage and admin costs. This we did for a couple of years but then we
became so focussed developing other programs that we decided that it
would be unfair to charge people money for a program that we do not
extend anymore and... WireGrid is a usefull tool and it would be good for
the "pureNEC-list_at_gweep.ca" people to play with.

Unfortunately it still has some password mechanism which we will remove
asap. SO there will be no PW hassles and WireGrid can be distributed at
will..... no strings attached.

There has been older versions of WireGrid lying around the WWW
The last version can be found at http://www.emss.co.za/products/wiregrid.

PS: Due to the following comment from a nec-list subscriber:
"I don't know if it's still true, but as I remember, WireGrid had a
rather
unusual "feature". The synthesized grid was made up entirely of wires of
one segment. As far as I know, this doesn't have any impact on processing
time, but it can be pretty tedious if you want to hand edit a long "wire"
for position or diameter changes"

The following explanation has been added to the WWW site. Thanks for
pointing this "problem" out!

SPECIFYING MODIFYING AND GRIDDING POLYGONAL SURFACES
The first step is to specify the corners of a polygonal plate, for
example the roof of the car in the picture above. The number of wires,
and their positions, needed to represent this roof is determined
semi-automatically, and can be increased or decresed with a few simple
commands.  Once the geometric model has been specified it can be meshed
for different frequencies with ease.
NB NB!
Please Note: If the Wiregrid model is modified the individual wires do no
not have to be modified, however if the NEC file (i.e. the output of
Wiregrid) is modified the individual wires have to be modified,  this can
and should be avoided.

Happy gridding what ever you use!

Gronum Smith

--
Gronum Smith, E-mail: agsmith_at_emss.co.za
EM Software & Systems-SA (Pty) Ltd, Technopark, Stellenbosch, Western