Re: NEC-LIST:Imperfect Ground

From: Renier Dreyer <renier.dreyer_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:25:45 +0200

Hi Yee Hui

I found some values for ground conductivity and relative permittivity. I do
not have a reference for it though.
There are different values for different types of ground.

Pastoral, low hills, rich soil: Conductivity = 0.0303 to 0.01 S/m and
Relative Permittivity = 14-20
Flat country, marshy, densely wooded: Conductivity = 0.0075 S/m and Relative
Permittivity = 12
Pastoral, medium hill and forestation: Conductivity = 0.006 S/m and Relative
Permittivity = 13
Pastoral, medium hills and forestation, heavy clay soils: Conductivity =
0.005 S/m and Relative Permittivity = 13
Rock soil, steep hills, typically mountainous: Conductivity = 0.002 S/m and
Relative Permittivity = 12-14
Sandy, dry, flat, coastal cities, industrial areas: Conductivity = 0.001 S/m
and Relative Permittivity = 5
Cities, heavy industrial areas, high buildings: Conductivity = 0.001 S/m and
Relative Permittivity = 3

Hope this helps

Renier Dreyer
Development Engineer