Re: NEC-LIST:Simulations of Q and the Chiu-Harrington Limit

From: <Fractenna_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 20:15:57 EST

Here is the UCLA IEEE-APS power point link. Take a look towards the end at
the Q vs KR diagram.

As a scientific critique, it seems to me that the choice of data is not
exhaustive and the 'new' antennas so listed are arbitrary--they were not
chosen for any other reason than that they just happened to be investigated.
To wit: why these? For example, I'm sure one of Doug's volume loaded antennas
looks real good on this plot.

Link, as given on Mr. Gianvitorrio's web page:

http://www.ee.ucla.edu/~johng/research/fractals/Q_2002IEEEAPS%20presentation.p

df

So, again, the issue at hand is: what are the known, 'best' small antennas
that should be on this diagram but aren''t?

IMHO, sims are key (and note this is a NEC list) to addressing the issue of
the importance of geometry in doing low Q, very small antennas. Again,IMHO,
the issue has not been adequately addressed in the choice of antennas so
plotted, and that selection effects render the interpretation moot.

I benefit and learn from comments, either on the list or via e-mail if you
wish. I will also drop out for a bit to absorb the critique of colleagues. I
am grateful to the many private e-mails so far.

73,
Chip N1IR