Re: NEC-LIST: losses simulation

From: Rob <rob_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 10:22:05 -0800

Hi Roy and all,

Basically what is happening with very close turn helix's is that you are
violating the "thin wire kernel" that is used in NEC, ASAP, and many
other programs. However, for a bit wider helix's, ASAP performs very
well, as it has been used very successfully for radio astronomy (I have
no idea what they are doing though). See Ray Cross's homepage for the
FORTRAN version which will go fast with 16 segments/turn. By fast I
mean like an hour sim with 5,000 segments :) You will need to set the
maximum segments before compiling.

Here it is: http://home.att.net/~ray.l.cross/asap/index.html

Rob.