Re: NEC-LIST: Unix NEC or C port?

From: Jim Lux <James.P.Lux_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:54:07 -0800

It's been (roughly) ported to C, but I have no idea of the quality or
fidelity. I would imagine a better strategy would be to find the FORTRAN
version compiled for Linux. There are a bunch of other variants it has been
compiled for on the various archive sites.

As far as Beowulf and clusters with NEC, it's been done quite a lot. Your
real question is whether you want to do the matrix math on the cluster (i.e.
one problem, divided up among processors), in which case you need to track
down one of the modified versions that uses PVM or MPI matrix math
libraries. Or, the alternate strategy, running a lot of parallel copies
for, e.g. genetic algorithms, systematic sensitivity analysis, etc., in
which case it's an embarrassingly parallel problem and some scripts will do
very nicely, along with some sort of parser to scatter the input files and
gather the output files.