Re: NEC-LIST: Re: Solaris compilation

From: Ray Anderson <Raymond.Anderson_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 15:23:51 -0800 (PST)

Mike-

I played around with the nec2dx.f source code and the f77 and g77
compilers this afternoon and think I've found a solution to
your reported problem. Looks like you were chasing a red-herring.....

What I did:

1) Compiled source code under f77 with a variety of different options.
   Result: resulting nec2dx executable all ran your test.nec input
   deck just fine.

2) Compiled source code under g77 with a variety of different options.
   Result: resulting nec2dx executable all ran your test.nec input
   deck with the error you reported.

3) Took a big step backwards and looked over everything. Noticed that the
   test.nec deck didn't have an EN card at the end. Added an EN card.
   Result: Source code compiled under g77 (with a number of different
   options) produce an executable that rand the modified test.nec deck
   just fine. Tried the modified test.nec deck with an executable compiled
   under f77. This ran just fine as well.

So it seems that the f77 compiled executable ran the nec deck without
the final EN card OK, but the g77 compiled executable required the final EN
card to execute properly.

(BTW, all the above done on a Sun Ultra-10 running Solaris 8, g77 version 3.2.1,
f77 version 4.2)

-Ray Anderson WB6TPU
Staff Signal Integrity Engineer
VLSI Engineering