Re: NEC-LIST: This may sound like a real dumb question.....

From: D. B. Miron <dbmiron_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 19:19:57 -0600

Good day Callum,

You have it pretty close. You have to think of the segment as opened up
with a gap, and the voltage applied across the gap. I believe the manual
says that the impressed E field is equal to the applied voltage divided by
the segment length. So, both the plus and minus terminals are applied to
the segment. Be careful with the use of the word "ground". In general,
sources in NEC arenot tied to earth ground. If you want to include an earth
ground connecti0on, you have to explicitly model it, along with the
box/building containing the source, the transmission line connection, etc.

Doug Miron