Re: NEC-LIST: Letter from Grimes

From: <Fractenna_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:20:05 EST

Thus the letter confirms that no actual antenna has been built.

Friends, antennas are finite structures. They are realizable. In the case of
many fractal and genetic antennas, the effort required constitutes bending a
piece of wire and throwing it on a network analyzer. If that's not accessible
technology I don't know what is.

I applaud an effort to demonstrate a zero-Q antenna--in this context..

I see no such effort, let alone success..

I am extremely surprised that the analogy to radiating atoms is being made.
It is a non sequitar at best, non-supporting at worst.

The fact is that atomic radiation processes are not efficient processes. The
fact that we see spectral lines--a prime example and a hi-Q one-- indicates
that the column density is very very high in terms of numbers of individual,
and inefficient, radiators.

I cite a simple book to inform:"Radiation Processes in Astrophysics", by
Tucker, MIT Press,1975.

73,
Chip N1IR