Re: NEC-LIST: Letter from Grimes

From: D. B. Miron <dbmiron_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 10:17:58 -0600

Good day,

I went to the Grimes Group web site given in the last couple of postings. I
downloaded 12 papers that seemed to be relevant to the low-Q topic. Two of
them, from 2000, report experimental work. There are also several on FDTD
modeling. An issue they seem to be tackling head-on is the simgularity in
the field expressions at zero radius. We (the EM community) always have
skated around this with different mathematical methods, rather than deal
with the actual physics. I don't know when I'm going to get any of this
read, but it should be interesting when I do.

Doug Miron

The Grimes Goup: http://www.ee.psu.edu/grimes/publications/