Re: NEC-LIST: Commercial software.

From: Dave Michelson <davem_at_email.domain.hidden>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:25:16 -0800

ghagn_at_erols.com wrote:

> I appreciate leads to new products or updates to existing products. Maybe
> we could have a separate list for these items so that they are all in one
> place and dont clutter up the list technical chatter.

Actually, I specifically mentioned commercial codes like EZNEC and
NECWin, and closed source codes like NEC-BSC, when I drafted the list
charter.

As much as I like to see progress promoted through Open Source, I don't
see any problem with technical discussion concerning commercial codes
and their capabilities.

My main concerns are mindless spam and flame wars. Fortunately neither
has been a problem here to date. If they become so, I promise to take
prompt action.

--
Dave Michelson
davem_at_ece.ubc.ca